ImageLink question

ImageLink question

Postby RMcLaughlin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm

We recently set up an ImageLink interface with our Philips Xcelera echocardiography software. It is set up and working fine, although we have not had a go-live due to an internal security concern. We have to grant permission to all potential users to the folder that houses all of the echo reports, and our security team was concerned that anyone with permission could potentially access the records directly from the shared folder. Do you have any clients that have set up ImageLink interfaces that have had similar concerns? Any thoughts on a good way to handle this?

Thank you,
Ryan
RMcLaughlin

Re: ImageLink question

Postby Rhunt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Hey Ryan,

Sorry for the extremely late reply. Personally, I haven't run into this particular issue because the imagelink configs I have done are mainly url based. I will pose this question to the rest of the team to see if anyone else can provide feedback.

As an example who would need access to a particular image? Just the ordering provider or others? I wonder if the solution would involve filing the images to subfolders and granting permissions on those instead of the main folder...just a thought.

-Ryan
Ryan Hunt
Interface Analyst
Galen Healthcare Solutions
Rhunt

Return to Document/Transcription/Dictation