How are others filing a Hospital ER note in the EHR

How are others filing a Hospital ER note in the EHR

Postby skaufman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am

I am working on an interface to pull hospital ER notes into our EHR. The hospital will send these ER Notes to us anytime one of our physicians is entered in the ER Note as the PCP for the patient. The physicians here want a task to be created that other staff can review anytime we get these ERNotes. When filing these into the EHR the only task option I have is a review document task. PLus I have been told that sending this task to a 'Team' does not work wellin the EHR. So my other option is to pull this Er Note in as a result which gives me the ability to create any custom task I want.

I just wanted to know how other are filing these types of notes into the EHR and tasking?

Thanks
skaufman

Re: How are others filing a Hospital ER note in the EHR

Postby tsuacci » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 pm

I have seen clients import notes/transcriptions as results, but I don't know what the reason is - it may be the custom tasking. I have also seen solutions where the Review Document task is sent to a team. The biggest issue I see with the "team" solution is that managing the teams and task lists could become cumbersome if there are a lot of providers and teams within your organization. For example, if each provider has a separate list of users that they want tasked, then you have to define teams for each provider; managing the setup (t-table, teams, task lists) may be difficult if you have many providers, but if you can define teams per site or department, then the admin will be a little easier.

I can't think of another solution to accomplish what you are looking for.

Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Re: How are others filing a Hospital ER note in the EHR

Postby skaufman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Thank you Tyler.
skaufman

Return to Document/Transcription/Dictation