Task a user from the FileDOCWorksTranscription call

Task a user from the FileDOCWorksTranscription call

Postby tsuacci » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Can users (non-providers) be tasked from the FileDOCWorksTranscription SP call? I've looked at the RoutingList and CCList fields, and it appears that maybe a user can be tasked through the CCList. Has anybody used this element? What is the syntax?

I assume the user's Auto Print Defaults for Notes-CC needs to be setup for the site and document type from the FileDOCWorksTranscription call. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Re: Task a user from the FileDOCWorksTranscription call

Postby tsuacci » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Looking closer at the FileDOCWorksTranscription SP it appears the CClist can't be used to specify non-provider users. Maybe I need to use the Team option in the RoutingList?
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
tsuacci

Postby jcampbell » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Tyler,

Please reference the following: http://wiki.galenhealthcare.com/Interfa ... ocedure.29. I believe you are interested in the CC list. It should function that same as that for the FileResult_CMS stored procedure. There also exists the capabilities to setup auto-print defaults to trigger faxing or review result tasking upon document finalization for instance.

Thanks!
Justin
Justin Campbell | Director of Integrations
office 1.617.379.0841
cell 1.802.363.5654
fax 1.801.409.3982
http://www.galenhealthcare.com | 888.GALEN.44

Visit http://www.galenhealthcare.com/calendar/
for a list of Galen's upcoming FREE webcasts.
jcampbell

Postby tsuacci » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Justin,

What is the syntax for the CC List and can non-provider users be included?

Here is what I am trying to achieve. We have a document/report interface that imports reports that have already been signed by the necessary providers in the other system, so there is no need for the reports to be signed again in Allscripts and the report "owner" doesn't need to be tasked. However, we want to task a user (non-provider) when each report imports into Allscripts so that he/she can distribute the report to the other providers that need to receive the report (referring provider, PCP, etc.). These providers may or may not be Allscripts users, so the reports may need to be faxed or possibly tasked to other providers.

Can this be achieved through the FileDOCWorksTranscription interface?

Thanks,
Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
tsuacci

Postby rlape » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:28 pm

HeyTyler,

I'm not as familiar with FileDOC as FileResult, because we use FileResult even for transcription that we get from the hospital, but based on my knowledge of the routing list function it seems like you would want to use the routing list and a team. Here is that syntax if you are not familiar with the routing list:

U:123|T:234|U:345
U is for provider and T is for team
The 3 digits after the colon is entry code for the provider or team
The entry before the first pipe will get a verify task and any subsequent providers or teams after the first pipe will get a review task

I believe it works similarly for both FileDOC and FileResult, but the tasks are different.

I was also looking into the cclist parameter a little more and it looks like the syntax is something like this:

''PRINT'',''DZANG'',28,''PROV'',''DASH'',''HPlaserj'',''680-7065''|
This can also be a pipe delimited list and includes several more parameters than what is indicated in the string above
This is the list I took out of the SP that actually executes the cclist:

@DistributionTypeName varchar(255),
@ProviderName varchar(255)='',
@UserID int =0,
@RecipientTypeName varchar(30)='',
@ServerName varchar(255)='',
@PrinterName varchar(255)='',
@DestinationName varchar(255) = '',
@DocumentID int,
@TemplateName varchar(255)='',
@LetterHeadTray varchar(255)='',
@PaperTray varchar(255) = '',
@IncludeEnvelope BOOL = 'N',
@EnvServerName varchar(255) = '',
@EnvPrinterName varchar(255) = '',
@EnvPaperTray varchar(255) = '',
@EnvTemplateName varchar(255) = '',
@Address1 varchar(255) = '',
@Address2 varchar(255) = '',
@City varchar(255) = '',
@State varchar(2) = '',
@Zip varchar(12) = '',
@PriRecipFLAG char(1) = 'N'

It looks like it can only be provider or referring provider for the recipient type.
Distro type looks like it can be print, fax, or review task.

There is a line in the SP documentation that leads me to think there is a better document regarding this, but I've not found it yet. The documentation says this about the cclist.
"valid formats are listed in the document creation specification"
I am not what the document creation specification is.

Maybe Justin knows what this is.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

Ray
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Postby tsuacci » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

Ray,

Thanks for the info. I setup the interface to use the "team" concept with the routing list and set the OverrideTaskFlag to 'Y' so that the owner provider doesn't have to verify the report again. It seems to be working as we would like and is probably a better solution that tasking non-provider users. The team idea allows us to give multiple people access to the tasks rather than just one user.

On a separate thread - you mention that you file transcriptions through the FileResult SP. Are your provider-users happy with the UI for verifying/reviewing transcriptions through order/results? I'd be curious to see screenshots of how they display. What were the benefits of importing reports/documents as results, as opposed to FileDocWorks?

Thanks,
Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
tsuacci

Postby rlape » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Tyler,

The providers do seem happy with the UI for verifying transcriptions through order/results. Keep in mind these are only transcriptions generated at the hospitals. These are things like discharge summaries, consults, ED notes. We do not use transcriptions internally so we don't have a transcription interface from that sense.

We've never really given them the option of us using FileDOCWorks for the transcriptions from the hospital. If I remember correctly, these file in and use basically the same method of verify/review as scanned documents. They absolutely hate this UI.

I prefer the FileResult method for these transcriptions to keep the workflow consistent for all interfaced results.

It works pretty well as long as the sending facility provides a message that has formatting. We've seen this a number of ways; some send the text in mulitple OBX, some send with one OBX that includes \.br\ in the text for line feeds, and some send as NTE that includes \.br\ in the text for line feeds. As long as we get it one of these methods then we are able to present the report pretty well in the application and they can use a consistent workflow for handling all interfaced data from the hospital.

Here is one example of a transcription sent from a hospital and file using FileResult.

hospitaltranscription.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Postby mawirt » Tue May 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Ray,

I've been researching and trying various ways to task docs differently than the current method that basically looks like any other note to verify. Your above solution of filing docs in the FileResult sp sounds like the solution I've been seeking. Is there anyway you can give me the mappings for your FileResult so I can try this out in my test environment and show my providers and see if it is more preferable than the current setup.

Thanks
mawirt

Return to Document/Transcription/Dictation