tasking for Emergency room Notes

tasking for Emergency room Notes

Postby skaufman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi, We are going to be receiving through the CxR interface Emergency room notes from Hospitals in the area. The physicians want staff to be notified when these notes file into the EHR. The staff is then supposed to review them to see why the patient went to the ER instead of to and regular doctors office. How do others have this set-up? Are you using a task list or a worklist? Do you file these ER notes into the EHR as a Document or as a Result?
skaufman

Re: tasking for Emergency room Notes

Postby Rhunt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 am

Hi,

Just in my opinion FileResult is a lot easier to handle tasking aspects with since documents depend on the type of workflow set up rather than the interface logic. I believe another client just set up a Verify Task for a team using the RoutingList.
Ryan Hunt
Interface Analyst
Galen Healthcare Solutions
Rhunt

Postby tsuacci » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Even though you don't have the tasking flexibility using FileDocWorksTranscription (as opposed to FileResult) and you are restricted to tasks lists for managing them, I would suggest filing the notes as documents/reports and create Review Document tasks for a team via the RoutingList. If the providers don't want to be tasked, then the format of the RoutingList would be "|T:TeamCode" where TeamCode is the entry code from the Team dictionary. You can create tasks lists for the team and assign to the appropriate staff.

Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Postby skaufman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 am

Thank you for the suggestions.
skaufman

Return to Document/Transcription/Dictation