Unsolicited results for mutl-org shared patient duplicates

Unsolicited results for mutl-org shared patient duplicates

Postby gplourd » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi we are a multi-org shared environment.
We are seeing this issue with regards cc'd results in multi-org environment and was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestions.
Receiving electronic results, unsolicted, non-emr ordering provider. Electronic result received for a carbon copy provider in one organization, and another carbon copy result message received for a provider in a different org. Because it is unsolicted and filing into different organizations, it actually duplicates the result. Anyone have any ideas/workarounds on how to handle these from duplicating?
gplourd

Re: Unsolicited results for mutl-org shared patient duplicat

Postby tsuacci » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 am

Hi,

This is an older post, so forgive me if this has already been resolved. Can you confirm if you are receiving multiple unsolicited result messages for the same result - one for each CC provider? This is the only way I could see how the result would be duplicated within Allscripts.

Typically, the result vendor would send one result message that contains multiple CC providers. Within the ConnectR interface mapping each of the CC providers would be configured in the routing list to receive a "Review Result" task. This creates a single order/result in Allscripts and produces tasks for each of the CC providers to review the result. The one potential issue with this solution in a multi-org environment is that if the patient isn't shared with both orgs, then the provider may not actually see the Review Result task, even though the task is created in Allscripts.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Return to Order/Result