Outbound Orders To Radiology (RIS) And ACK

Outbound Orders To Radiology (RIS) And ACK

Postby KISMITH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm

I have an outbound interface that sends TW orders to our radiology system. When the order is received by radiology there is an acknowledgement expected by my interface. In order to test every exam code on test patients only, I put logic in that blocked all messages that did not have a last name of ZZTEST. The interface worked just fine for testing purposes. The acknowledgements were always received.

I have now taken out the blocking logic so that all patient's orders can flow through the interface because we are ready to go live with a small group of people in our clinic. I am having a problem getting the acknowledgements now. I do receive acknowledgements for the orders for a very short period of time (less than 5 minutes). Then, all of a sudden no more acknowledgements are received. My networking guys have checked the connection and can see activity going out on the IP and port, but they cannot see anything (ACK) coming from the radiology system. So, it doesn't seem like the problem is on our side, but I wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced this issue.

I have tried changing some of the timeout settings, etc but nothing has solved the issue. Many times when the ack stops being received there is less than 5 seconds between the message and ACK that worked and the one that didn't work.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
KISMITH

Return to Order/Result