Linking Problems to orders

Linking Problems to orders

Postby skaufman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:24 am

We are filing into the EHR outside orders from another EMR. Everything seems to be going well except if the outside order has 3 dx codes attached for a test I am having trouble getting those on the EHR order when it is created. I see fld-43 (iLinkedProblemIDs) in the SPL fileorder is for Problems. What is the format if I have more then 1 dx code for a test? How do I attached multiple dx/problems per test using htis one field? Is it comma delimitted?
skaufman

Re: Linking Problems to orders

Postby rlape » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:53 pm

In looking through the FileOrder SP it looks like iLinkedProblemIDs is expecting a pipe-delimited list of ICD9 values.

Try that out and let me know if that takes care of it.
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Postby skaufman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks Ray, I will try that.

The other issue I have is if the outside order has Dxcodes/Problems that do NOT currently exist under the patient in Allscripts EHR nothing gets linked. So I assume I have to check if the Dx/problem alreayd exists under the patient and if it doesn't I need to add it BEFORE fileing in the order. Has anyone done something like this and if so how did you do it?
skaufman

Postby skaufman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 pm

FYI........I was finally able to get an order from another ENR to come into CxR and have the EHR generate it's own order from the information in the outside order. The problems with the DX codes not getting attached to the order correctly was a bug in the SPL that Allscripts gave us. After a few months of them looking into the problem they were finally able to correct the bug and we can now file the dx codes fromt he outside order under the patients problem history.
skaufman

Postby Jamie.Titak » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 am

Hi,

Do you know where the bug in the stored procedure is? I am having the same problem.

Thanks!
Jamie.Titak

Postby skaufman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Sorry, but no I do not. Hopefully Allscripts will have it documented somewhere.
skaufman

Postby tsuacci » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:59 pm

I'd be interested to see how this was resolved too. As far as I can tell, the problems associated with the ICD9 code in the iLinkedProblems element must also be associated with the patient.

Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Return to Order/Result