interfacing portal registration information from PM to EEHR

interfacing portal registration information from PM to EEHR

Postby Matt Fainter » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Looking to see if anyone out there is utilizing the additional information fields in PM to send over portal registration information to the information section of EEHR. I know it can be done, but looking to see if anyone is already doing this so I don't reinvent the wheel. If so, what segments are you using outbound from PM and then inbound to EEHR, and did you have to create any translation tables?
Matt Fainter

Re: interfacing portal registration information from PM to E

Postby Rhunt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Matt,

I did something similiar a few years ago with additional demographic information but not necessarily portal info. We used the additional information fields during registration to store the data. As you add new fields to be populated during registration you can pull their importID from SQL in select * from hie_pm.IB_patient_addl_info.

Then you need to update the appropriate xsl to send the values in the ADT message. If you were trying to send the field with an importID of 6 in ZAL03 it would look something like this.

<ZAL03>
<xsl:value-of select="PAT/Field6/text()" />
</ZAL03>

As far as inbound to EHR I know there are some Portal related parameters in the 253-266 range but I personally haven't dug into them before.

So, I don't think there is really a standard out there now. Are you needing to import the data into PM or are users manually entering it at time of registration?

-Ryan
Ryan Hunt
Interface Analyst
Galen Healthcare Solutions
Rhunt

Return to Reg/Sched/Charge