dx linkage in MD charge

dx linkage in MD charge

Postby mawirt » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:47 pm

In MD charge when linking diagnosis codes to orders and sending them across the interface to IDX we want the diagnosis to be in the order they were linked in MD charge. What is happening currently is each test ordered is attaching all diagnosis codes no matter if they were linked or not in MD charge once they reach or PM system. I tried taking a look at the mapping and know there are fields in the extractcharge about Dx linking but the problem is that the issue is occuring during the construction of the message with extractcharge I believe. Has anyone run in to this or have any insight/advice on dealing with this.

Thanks for the help
mawirt

Re: dx linkage in MD charge

Postby rlape » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 am

Could you post some more info on this? A screenshot of the charges in MDCharges, the data in ExtractCharge for those charges, and the corresponding HL7 messages being sent for the charges would be helpful.
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Postby mawirt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 am

The following is the logic for the diagnosis code in the target side DFTP03 charge message.

(ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[69]-Dx1Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[72]-Dx2Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed , Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[75]-Dx3Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed , Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[78]-Dx4Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed).

It appears that the dx codes are showing up in order of linkage so would this logic work in only posting the dx codes that are linked to the procedure code.

ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[69]-Dx1Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed If ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[125]-Dx1LinkedToChargeFlag Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed equals 'Y', Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[72]-Dx2Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed If ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[126]-Dx2LinkedtoChargeFlag Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed equals 'Y',, Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[75]-Dx3Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed If ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[127]-Dx3LinkedToChargeFlag Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed equals 'Y',, Concatenated with ~ to ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[78]-Dx4Code Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed If ExtractCharge_CMS.1-[128]-Dx4LinkedToChargeFlag Leading/Trailing Spaces Removed equals 'Y',
mawirt

Postby rlape » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Is this the logic in FT1-19? Your proposed logic seems like it would help you achieve what you are looking for. However, you may end up with undesirable tildes in the target HL7 message. A common alternative to placing all the logic in the connectR mapping is to pass those parameters to a script and output the desired string of Dx codes to pass to the PM system. This way you could avoid the undesireable tildes.
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Postby mawirt » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

yes currently the logic is working as it should and have had no complaints. I do have the tildes in the message for no particular reason, I only kept them because they were there in the beginning. If I was better at writing script I would just do that but besides the tildes being unneccessary characters in the message do you see any reason for concern? Heres what it looks like with only 1 linked diagnosis 246.9~~~

Thanks for your reply
mawirt

Return to Reg/Sched/Charge