Duplicate accts created by Interface

Duplicate accts created by Interface

Postby mawirt » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 am

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with their registration interface creating duplicate accounts? The user is IMPRT and from talking with our resident IDX (GE centricity, Groupcast whatever you like to call it) and she informed me it is something that has been attempted to be fixed in the past but to no avail. She further explained to me that it has to do with a batch script where patients that have visits to be processed when they are seen at our hospital or any ancillary system. What happens is if they have multiple visit charges to process the script runs too fast and the additional chart updates after the first one read as if the patient is new and the event type goes from an A31 to A28 which obivously creates a new patient. I can give examples if needed or if my question makes no sense let me know and I'll try and re word.

Thanks for your help.
mawirt

Re: Duplicate accts created by Interface

Postby rlape » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 am

Are the duplicate accounts getting created in IDX with different account numbers and then getting created in EHR as duplicates or are the duplicates getting created when being filed into EHR from IDX?
Ray Lape | Senior Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
ray.lape@galenhealthcare.com
rlape

Re: Duplicate accts created by Interface

Postby mawirt » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Sorry for the late reply. The only person still working with me that has any history on this can never give me any concrete information to go off of or just show me the script that is running. They are just an old school IDXer not really an interface or database type person. Will update this when I finally find the script that is running.
mawirt

Return to Reg/Sched/Charge