Imagelink Configurations

Imagelink Configurations

Postby djohnson » Fri May 24, 2013 4:11 pm

I was under the impression there were ulimited imagelinks available in Allscripts. Last Imagelink I build in Test worked perfectly, till I moved it to live. Once in live , our system was down for more than 5 hours till we finally figured out it was the application connection causing our end users to not be able to log in. Allscripts was throwing "unhandled server error: java.lang.NullPointerException"

we currently have 7 in live, and had 6 in test. adding the new one in live would have brought it up to 8 and to 7 in test.

Allscripts is telling me:----
The basic root cause is that the string parameter that gets passed for these connections can only handle 255 characters. So the more items are configured as connections, the more risk you have of hitting this limit. It sounds like in the test environment the issue was resolved by removing a connection that is no longer used. You can use this same method in the live environment.
____

so today, I tried to build a 8th one in Test, only to recieve the ame unhandled server error. I am guessing there IS a limit on the number of imaglink configurations on can have?

does anyone have any other information on this?
Debbie Johnson
Bend Memorial Clinic
Application/Interface Analyst
541-317-4590
djohnson@bmctotalcare.com
djohnson

Return to Errors/Troubleshooting