System msg length is greater than IDXConnectR allows (256)

System msg length is greater than IDXConnectR allows (256)

Postby Todd Yingling » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Has anyone seen this error before, "System message length is greater than IDXConnectR allows (256K)"?
We had it crash our inbound result interfaces. Well, I suppose CxR never sent an ACK and our CLoverleaf engine kept resending it.

My question is what is the real bit size that CxR doesn't like.
It's not 256 Kilobytes or 256Kilobits. Is it sporadic?

I'm trying to catch the record size before it hits CxR so we don't stop the flow of transactions.

Thanks,
Todd
Todd Yingling

Re: System msg length is greater than IDXConnectR allows (25

Postby Todd Yingling » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm

In case anyone else is seeing this error, here is Allscripts' reply to my question:
-We don't have an exact number from GE. I checked their bug fixes and didn't see this in there either. Sorry.
-Exact size is unknown. No information provided by GE. We were told it's 2 MB but depends on the type of data.

If anyone knows if we can ftp to another server when this error is displayed, that would be beneficial.

Thanks,
Todd
Todd Yingling

Re: System msg length is greater than IDXConnectR allows (25

Postby tsuacci » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Todd,

Which version of ConnectR? I've been told that v4.6 allows for a max of 2MB, but v4.5 is much less. We're on v4.5 and have seen issues with message lengths longer than about 60,000 characters. I'm not sure how this translate to file size. We've also seen issues with a TCP/IP connection where if the source message was too big, ConnectR never even attempted to receive it (nothing in the logs), therefore never returning an ACK and leaving the source system waiting indefinitely.

Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Return to Errors/Troubleshooting