Forcing an ADT export during an ADT import

Forcing an ADT export during an ADT import

Postby tsuacci » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:06 pm

We have an ADT interface from Allscripts PM to Allscripts EHR through ConnectR. Whenever patient accounts are created or updated in PM, an ADT message is triggered and sent to ConnectR for import into EHR. However, if patients are created in PM via an inbound ADT interface, the coresponding outbound ADT message is not triggered. Once the account is "touched" (updated) in PM, then the outbound ADT is triggered, but on intial creation of the account the ADT is not sent. There is a setting in AIE on the Import Options tab of the Information Broker Format Maintenance screen called "Allow Export of Imported Data," but toggling this switch doesn't seem to yield the results I am looking for. Has anyone seen this behavior and come up with a solution? Or is there a setting that I'm missing?
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Re: Forcing an ADT export during an ADT import

Postby tsuacci » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 pm

I resolved this by creating a new AIE format with a tigger event type of "Imported Patient." As patients are created through an ADT import, ADT messages are also sent out using the details from the new format definition.
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Return to Allscripts Interface Engine (AIE, formerly known as HealthMatics Interface Engine or HIE)