GE Centricity Schedule Interface Shutting Down

GE Centricity Schedule Interface Shutting Down

Postby tsuacci » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section for this post. Our GE Centricity ADT/SIU interfaces to Allscripts EHR have occasionally shutdown due to certain activities within the PM system. ConnectR still shows the system as "Connected" to the GE ADT/SIU ports, but the status of the interfaces within GE shows the interfaces as off (the queue is off, but the connection is on). I'd like to be notified of these events. Ideally, the GE PM system should send an alert when it shutsdown, but that is not an option within GE. If I use ConnectR to send the notification message, I can't use the option to autonotify when the system changes to "Waiting" status because ConnectR still shows the system as "Connected" when this happens. Another option is to setup the "Inactivity Threshold" to log an error and be autonotified whenever that error occurs. Are there any "gotchas" with this setup? Or other solutions to be notified that the source system is down?

Thanks,
Tyler
Tyler Suacci
Consultant
Galen Healthcare Solutions
tyler.suacci@galenhealthcare.com
tsuacci

Re: GE Centricity Schedule Interface Shutting Down

Postby zfjeldhe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey Tyler,

What do you mean by the "interfaces are off (the queue is off, but the connection is on)?" Is there something you can trigger on the GE side like send a message when the queue is off. What changes in the database on the GE side? Is it something that can trigger some type of notification?

Thanks,
Zak
zfjeldhe

Return to Outbound Reg/Sched